*Accepting applications for our Scottsbluff positions. Send your resume to email@example.com*
NCEF is hiring half-time AmeriCorps members to serve as Conservation Directors for our Common Ground Program. We are currently recruiting members to serve in Scottsbluff
The term of service will begin March 1, 2019.
Purpose: If you care deeply about our state and ensuring that Nebraska has a bright future, this opportunity is for you. In this position, you will be an AmeriCorps Member serving to improve environmental stewardship in Nebraska.
You will play an integral role in growing a new program started by NCEF, Common Ground, in your region of the state. The purpose of the Common Ground Program is to build a statewide infrastructure of Nebraskans who care deeply about the environment and who are knowledgeable about how to manage Nebraska’s natural resources. This position provides you with an excellent opportunity to learn management skills and take leadership in a new, innovative program. You will organize educational and volunteer events focused on the most pressing environmental issues facing our state, and initiate locally-based projects that will improve the environment. You will recruit volunteers to assist you, and build a team of people in the community who are empowered to affect change. You will also get experience in door to door canvassing and management.
What is AmeriCorps?: As an AmeriCorps member with NCEF, you will join an impressive cohort of service-minded Americans from across the country. AmeriCorps is a civil society program engaging adults in public service work with a goal of “helping others and meeting critical needs in the community.”
As an AmeriCorps member with NCEF, you will build local capacity to manage Nebraska’s resources by increasing knowledge of and concern for the most important conservation issues facing our state. You will recruit, coach, and support local community volunteers in implementing conservation projects, and build partnerships between conservation professionals, local and state government, and your fellow community members.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Recruiting community volunteers in each of the communities in your region.
- Helping community volunteers organize monthly educational events and/or community discussions focused on conservation issues.
- Helping community volunteers organize monthly service learning projects that benefit local partners, such as the Natural Resources Districts, the Natural Resources Conservation Service, or local nonprofit organizations that focus on conservation. These service learning projects include (but are not limited to) water testing, planting native grasses, or expanding recycling efforts.
- Assisting in the development of long-term conservation projects.
- Phone banking and canvassing
- Maintaining accurate contact records of every person who engages with the Common Ground Programming listed above.
- Manage collection and analysis of surveys measuring increased knowledge about conservation issues and/or belief that it is important to responsibly manage our natural resources.
- Expanding and strengthening partnerships between NCEF and local entities and organizations already working on conservation issues in the region.
- Weekly reporting of time, mileage, and any other requirements as directed by the Program Director.
- Other activities as directed by NCEF’s AmeriCorps Program Director.
Benefits of Serving as an AmeriCorps Member with NCEF:
- Living stipend of $6,850
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award ($3,047.50). You can use your education award to repay qualified student loans and to pay certain educational expenses at eligible institutions of higher education and training programs.
- Become part of a prestigious network of AmeriCorps Members from across the country.
Location: We are currently recruiting AmeriCorps members for the northwest region of Nebraska, with the office located in Scottsbluff.
Minimum Education Level: Highschool diploma or GED
- A self-starter
- A team-player
- Dedicated to your professional growth
- Making Nebraska an even better place to live
Other Requirements: Car and driver’s license needed
Community Outreach, Community and Economic Development, Conservation
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
NCEF provides equal opportunity for all. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment or service because of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other improper criterion.
All AmeriCorps members have the right to request a reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of their position. Reasonable accommodations may be provided upon request. If you are a person with a disability and you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact: Amanda Gangwish, Program Manager, 402-709-3053 or email@example.com.